Built in 1869, 11 Centre Square, the building which houses Pearly Baker’s Ale House, has been a restaurant for nearly 70 years. Originally built as Easton’s first YMCA, the building was converted into a GE store in the early nineteen hundreds before opening as the Manhattan Club in the Forties. It was during this time that 9,000 hand-cut lead Czech crystals were fabricated by the Easton Lighting Company into the dining room chandelier. In the Eighties, Charlie’s Bar took over the building & operated until 1994, when Pearly Baker’s Ale House was established.
Pearly Baker’s is twenty-two years young, but still learning. We strive to be a better neighbor to our community & to the Earth. Our fryer oil is turned into fuel. Our take-out containers, bags & straws are vegetable-based. Our Chef is working with local farmers to bring fresh & local ingredients to the table. We are training our staff to be more Earth conscious. We model our business ethics after the same ideas & standards practiced at home.